8-Port Gigabit PoE+Rack-mount Switch
Pre-owned; looks unused and unopened, in original packaging
Has 140 watts of disposable power and Green Ethernet Technology
- 8 port PoE/PoE+ 10/100/1000 Mbps Auto-Negotiation, Auto-MDIX switch
- Connect up to 8 PoE or PoE+ devices (PoE+ with 26 watts max. per port)
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3at and IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet standards
- 140 watts of total PoE output power available
- Green Ethernet Technology offers Energy Savings of up to 70%
- Durable black metal housing. Zero operation noise, fan-less design
- Store-and-forward switching architecture non-blocking wire speed performance
- 802.3x flow control for full duplex-mode
- Integrated address look-up engine with 8000 MAC address table
- Build-in power supply
- Rack-mount kit included for professional rack installations
- Supports Universal Plug & Play
UPVEL PoE+ switches significantly reduce the cost of ownership for small and medium size business networks as well as professional home network installations. PoE technology feeds power via existing Ethernet cabling (Cat.5E or Cat 6) to client devices and eliminate the installation of additional cabling and power sourcing equipment. All ports are PoE+ enabled and provide up to 26 watts of power to connect a wide array of power intensive PoE devices such as outdoor Wi-Fi access-points, pan-and-tilt IP-cameras, VoIP equipment, and many other POE devices. UPVEL PoE+ Switches are sturdy build with metal housing and quiet without any fans.
The UPVEL UP-228GE is an 8 port Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000Mbps) unmanaged rack-mountable desktop switch compliant with IEEE 802.3at and IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet standards, supporting all current PoE devices including class 2 (7 W), class 3 (15.4 watts) and class 4 (26 W). The switch features 8 Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000Mbps) PoE/PoE+ ports, each provisioning up to 26 watts of power.
The total available power regiment is limited at 140 watts. The switch automatically detects the type of PoE device connected and provisions up to 26W of power for 802.3at PoE+ type devices (with a maximum of five PoE+ devices connected simultaneously) and up to 15.4W of power for 802.3af PoE devices on all ports. The unit has a build-in power supply.
For non-PoE type connected network devices the power supply is automatically blocked and only data is transmitted. The popular Green Ethernet technology detects idle ports and cable length on each port and helps reduce energy consumption by of up to 70%. The total available backbone bandwidth of 1.6Gbit/s significantly increases network efficiency and prevents traffic overload. The LED status display on the front panel facilitates troubleshooting by indicating device type connected and speed. Rack-mount kit is included for professional rack installations.
The switch ships in retail package with power cord, rack-mount kit and installation guide.